USA has emerged as a leading country known for its quality education. U.S. offers various options to choose from according to your academic and cultural preferences. U.S. takes pride in its technological advancement and it has made sure that all spectrum of the education sector are well equipped with the latest technology. This makes life of the student much simpler with easy access to data and other technology. College life in universities is not just about classes and tutorials but an extension to your personality. You may find a lot of exciting mediums to make friends and enjoy college life. Indulge in a pottery class and unleash your creativity. Join a dance club. Or if you are an aspiring writer, join the college magazine team. You will find many such ways to broaden your experience as per your interests.
Most universities have international student offices. Staff and faculty members ensure a better support and guidance to international students. During your stay in U.S. you may also gain essential life skills such as communication and social skills.
WHY STUDY IN USA?
- Ranked no 1 for overall quality of education
- Numerous Study Choices
- Internationally recognised
- Flexible Education system
- Merit based university assistance provided
- Scholarships and fellowships awarded by departments
- Tuition fee waivers
- On campus jobs with minimal wages
- Leader in latest technologies and advancement
- Industry based training and research
- Options to apply for graduate assistantship, Teaching assistantship and research assistantship
- Vibrant Campus life
USA EDUCATION SYSTEM
- USA education system comprises of 12 complete years of primary and secondary education prior to university or graduate college
- On completion of high school students move on to attend undergraduate school followed by graduate school, post-graduation and PhD study.
- Associate degrees are awarded after two years of undergraduate study. Associate degrees are a great option if you do not want to commit to four years studying abroad in the USA, you can save one year and some valuable dollars too.
- Bachelors degree is awarded after four years of successful study.
- Offered by Graduate Schools and specialized colleges in a wide range of specialisations Arts, Sciences, engineering etc
- The Master’s level programs are of two years duration.
- One can pursue doctoral programme after completing Master’s. Normally, the duration of Doctoral level programs is between 3 and 6 years, depending on the field of research and university.
- IELTS, TOEFL scores as proof of English language skills for admission to any course.
- Graduate Record Examination (GRE) – For entry in to Graduate Programs
- Graduate Management Admission Test (GMAT) is required for admission to MBA and other management programs.
- Scholastic Aptitude Test (SAT) is required for admission in to bachelor level courses
- Law and Medical schools usually require different exams like LSAT and MCAT
- January /August
COST OF STUDYING
- Average tuition fees per year range from $15,000 to $25,000 (Private Institutions) and $10,000 to $20,000 (State Institutions)
COST OF LIVING
- Estimated living expenses per year – $10,000-$16,000
WORK RIGHTS & STAY BACK
- 12 months optional practical training 17 months’ extension for STEM Majors
- Authorization to work 20 hours per week (Only on Campus)