Australia is huge not just but also in the kind of quality education it offers. With the wide variety of course choices, you cannot do everything at once so decide where your interest lie, prioritize and then plan your higher education accordingly.
Australia has some of the world’s most modern, diverse and vibrant cities, each unique in its own culture and natural beauty – On the east coast lies Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane, Gold Coast and on the west coast lies Perth, Down south lies Adelaide, Up North lies Darwin and in the red center lies Alice Springs. Australian countryside is unlike any other countryside. It’s well developed and sparsely populated.
With 50,000 kilometers of stunning coastline linking over 10,000 beaches, Australia is renowned for its white sandy beaches and abundant water sporting activities. You can swim, dive, snorkel, sail, surf, parasail, sandboard, kayak, go boating and then end the day with a beach BBQ.
Australia has it all – it’s where you experience the real vastness and dramatic landscapes of Australia to ensure you make every day worthwhile, as you Study in Australia for Indian Students.
- Official name-Commonwealth of Australia
- Population- 22.68 million
- GDP-$1.521 trillion
- Sydney – largest city of Australia.
- Capital of Australia – Canberra
- No of universities- 39
- Australian Currency-Australian Dollar AU$
- Literacy- 100%
WHY STUDY IN AUSTRALIA?
- Globally recognized qualifications
- A great place to study and work
- Research focused & technology driven education
- Attractive scholarships and bursaries
- Strong economy
- One of the highest standards of living in the world
- Affordable education compared to UK, USA
- Extremely friendly & co-operative people
- Excellent Weather suitable for Indian students
- Ample opportunities to work while studying
- Post Qualification work & settlement options
- Opportunities to explore job & PR prospects
- Options for married students to take their spouses with fulltime work rights
AUSTRALIAN EDUCATION SYSTEM
- Universities – Offering Graduate, Certificate, Graduate Diploma, Masters and PhD.
- Vocational institutions -Both government and private funded closely linked with various industries offering highly practical and skill-based courses.
- Schools- Both government and private funded
- Doctoral Degree
- Master’s Degree
- Graduate Diploma
- Graduate Certificate
- Bachelor Degree
- Associate Degree
- Advanced Diploma
- Vocational Graduate Diploma
- Vocational Graduate Certificate
- Advanced Diploma
- TOEFL: Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL)
- IELTS: International English Language Testing System
- PTE: Pearson Test of English (Academic)
COST OF EDUCATION
- Diploma & Advanced Diploma: AU$10,000 to 14,000/-*
- Bachelor’s Degree: AU$: 15,000 to 19,000 per year*
- Graduate Diplomas & Masters: AU$15,000/- to AU$23,000/-*
*Fees given are of informative nature, may vary from university to university
COST OF LIVING
- AUD 21,000 per year
WORK RIGHTS AND STAY BACK
- Part time work right – 40 hours per fort night when the courses in session and full time work rights for spouse for Masters, PhD and post-doctoral programs
- Bachelors 2 years stay back
- Masters by course work 2 years can be extended by 2 years
- Masters by research (3 years )up to 3 years &PhD students – up to 4 years
- Feb/July/ November